UPDATE: Important New Info about Saturday's Remembrance Ceremony
Remember… Honor… Teach. That is the mission of the National “Wreaths Across America” program started at Arlington National Cemetery in 1992.
Each year, during the holiday season, wreaths are placed on veterans’ gravesites at more than 1,400 locations across the United States, at sea and abroad. Click here to read our first article about this time-honored tradition.
Wreaths Across America is coming to Beaufort this Saturday, December 19…Yet with a New Look Due to COVID-19. Here’s everything you need to know regarding the new guidelines and further updates for this weekend’s ceremony:
From Wreaths Across America Beaufort:
UPDATE/GUIDELINES FOR SATURDAY’S REMEMBRANCE WREATH-LAYING EVENT
- All volunteer group slots have been filled.
- The trucks and motorcycle escort will arrive around 10:45 a.m.
- The first volunteer groups need to be in place at their assigned cemetery section by 11 a.m.
- Due to National Cemetery Association and CDC guidelines, the public is NOT able to attend.
- Registered groups should proceed directly to the section of the cemetery they are assigned and wait for the wreaths to be distributed.
- Volunteers will NOT be able to approach or unload the trucks. Boxes of wreaths will be delivered to each group in their assigned section.
- Please wear your mask/face covering and practice social distancing according to city/county ordinances.
- Groups will be rotated in 30 minute intervals so please be as prompt as possible, place the wreaths and then leave as a group so the next groups can be allowed in.
- PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH THE COORDINATOR, VOLUNTEERS AND CEMETERY STAFF! This is going to be challenging for ALL OF US. We need everyone to follow the guidelines and respectfully ask the public to visit the ceremony on their own AFTER all the wreaths have been placed.
- Remember our mission: to remember and honor all our veteran heroes buried in Beaufort National Cemetery. This is not about us. It is about them.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! We appreciate everyone’s patience, understanding, sponsorship and support in helping us try to reach our goal.