ARTworks' weekend review
Weekend review from ARTworks’ ArtSeen, because looking back is a great way to look ahead! Here’s what happened the weekend of August 25, a little prep for all the arts coming up:
– Actors Heather Denardo, Matthew Donnelly & Michael Kane rehearsed their stage combat moves, for “The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)” in ARTworks’ black box theater, opening September 13: it’s All 37 Plays in 97 Minutes! (helpful hint: Thursdays are Pay What You Can.)
– On Friday, Guitarist Jeffrey Bianchi performed a classical concert of Renaissance Luteworks at ARTworks, at 7:30pm in the black box theater at ARTworks. The date marked the final performance of his Summer concert series. The “velvet guitarist” went from Wyoming to South Carolina.
– The Calligraphy workshop, presented by Charleston artist Natasha Lawrence at ARTworks, was full and ornate! (Helpful hint: Lawrence will be back September 1, 379-2787.)
– In Port Royal, Zac Harmon proved that “Music is Medicine” on Paris Avenue, part of the Town of Port Royal’s beloved Street Music series that is produced by ARTworks. (helpful hint: there’s two more of these free concerts in September, http://www.beaufortcountyarts.com/pr.htm)
– Inside ARTworks, the lounge was wallpapered with bar scene sketches by Candace Lovely, to preview her show that opens September 7, and the Sheldon family of set-designing volunteers (including pro designer Mom) spent the afternoon pitching in on “The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged).”
Thanks to all who attended, contributed and enjoyed.
ARTworks is the community arts center of Beaufort, the coolest arts council in the Carolinas, and applies the many creative tools of The Arts to strengthen artists, and enrich audiences, collectors, and visitors through high quality arts experiences and arts education programs 365 days a year. ARTworks is located at 2127 Boundary Street, in Beaufort Town Center, SC 29902.