Bring Your Horse to Hunting Island Beach!
The equestrian season is upon us again at Hunting Island Beach!
From December 1 to the end of February 2021, you’ll be able to bring your horses to enjoy over four miles of Hunting Island’s stunning coast. Sound like a good idea? Here’s everything you need to know:
- As mentioned before, the season runs from December 1 to the end of February 2021.
- The cost of a riding permit is $25 per horse with a current Coggins Report, and your riding permit must be kept on you throughout your ride
- Daily admission payment is also required
- The permits are purchased at the Visitor Center
- Parking is located at South Beach
- Riding may only be done on the beach
- Low tide allows the maximum space on the beach to ride – click here to view
- Riding on the trails is not permitted
If you are traveling a distance to enjoy multiple days of riding, Hunting Island State Park suggests boarding your horses at Camelot Farms, located on St. Helena Island and only about 15 minutes from the park.
If you get a chance to ride on the beach, be sure to share the pics on Facebook!