Governor Henry McMaster orders Mandatory evacuation for Beaufort County
Gov. Henry McMaster Orders Mandatory Evacuations for Coastal Counties Effective September 2, 2019 at Noon
There will be many questions from Beaufort County residents and guests regarding the particulars of the evacuation—traffic, traveling locally, shelters, etc—and we will have more answers for you tomorrow (Monday). The Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office appreciates your patience throughout this storm event.
Please see the below from the Office of South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster:
Governor Henry McMaster, in coordination with local officials, has ordered the evacuation of coastal South Carolina residents for their personal safety as Hurricane Dorian approaches.
- Colleton County Evacuation Zones A, B
- Beaufort County Evacuation Zone A
- Jasper County Evacuation Zone A
- Charleston County Evacuation Zones A, B, C
- Dorchester County Evacuation Zone D
- Berkeley County Evacuation Zones B, G
- Horry County Evacuation Zone A
- Georgetown County Evacuation Zone A
Evacuees should pack the following essential items in case the evacuation period is lengthy: required medications, adequate clothing and essential personal items. Residents going to evacuation shelters should bring their own blankets, pillows, cots and special food items if they are on restricted diets.