Holiday closings for Beaufort County offices
In observance of the Christmas and New Year’s holidays, closure times of City and County buildings in addition to all-day closures, have been released for Beaufort County, South Carolina.
All Beaufort County offices, to include Library branches and Parks and Recreation facilities, will be closed Monday, December 23, Tuesday, December 24, and Wednesday, December 25 in observance of the Christmas holiday. The offices will also be closed Wednesday, January 1.
- Update: Beaufort County Veterans Affairs Department will be closed Monday, December 23 through Friday, December 27. The office will resume regular hours at 8 a.m., Monday, December 30.
- Convenience Centers will close Tuesday, December 24, at 1 p.m. and remain closed through Wednesday, December 25. Centers will resume regular hours Thursday, December 26. Residents are encouraged to check their local center for official operating hours and are asked to plan accordingly. For a County Holiday Recycling Guide including a recycling naughty and nice list, please click here.
- Parks and Recreation facilities will be closed Monday, December 23 through Wednesday, December 25. Pool facilities will be closed Monday, December 23 through Wednesday, December 25.
- Beaufort County libraries will be closed Monday, December 23 through Wednesday, December 25. All branches will resume regular hours on Thursday, December 26.
- Operations at the Hilton Head Island Airport will be available during the holiday. Beaufort County Airport on Lady’s Island will be closed Tuesday, December 24 and Wednesday, December 25, with full service resuming Thursday, December 26. Travelers should contact their airline carrier for details about flights schedules. Information on the operating status of the nation’s major airports can be found at https://www.fly.faa.gov. Inquiries regarding flight information at Hilton Head Island Airport should be directed to American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, or United. Self serve AVGas will be available at Lady’s Island Airport. Special call-out services are available for a fee by calling the airport at 843-255-2972.
- The Beaufort County Legislative Delegation office will be closed beginning Wednesday, December 18 and will resume regular hours Thursday,
Emergency and public safety services will be available as normal.